It’s been a while since I’ve done any sort of round-up or favorites post, so it’s about time. I’ve gone through my outfits so far from this spring and summer and gathered up some of my favorites. Here they are. Keep reading to learn a bit more about why I like each. Click the image to go to the original post.
- I love this top. It’s really artsy – reminds me of a painter’s smock with paint smudges all over it. I’ve never worn it with a dress before, but I love it.
- This one might be the winner out of the bunch. I love stripes and florals together, and I think these two work great together. I like how summery and tropical the outfit is. I’m also wearing some fun, favorite accessories – my vintage hat, a leather flower bracelet, and sandals with embellishments that match the buttons on my shirt.
- My first adventure with a high-low (a.k.a. mullet) skirt. There are lots of fun textures and patterns in this outfit that all somehow manage to work together without looking busy. Also, lime + black and white = amazing.
- I’m completely obsessed with maxi dresses right now. I own three, but I want more (shame on me…I’m trying to make room in my closet, not pack it even fuller). I love the bright colors in this one.
- This was a “costume” I wore for the Great Gatsby premiere. I worked with clothes I already had and was pretty pleased with the result. It certainly could have been more glitzy and more 20s-esque, but I love that this is an outfit I could still get away with not as a costume.
- This was a risky pattern combo. The top is a geometric/aztec-y print and the skirt is abstract/paint strokes. I love the combination of structured prints with loose, artsy ones, and of course I wouldn’t have worn this if I didn’t like how the pieces look together.
- I had seen this color combo on other blogs and on Pinterest, so I was super excited when I got this skirt so I could finally try out the combination myself. Orange, mint, and caramel are beautiful together (and an intriguing sounding flavor combination)!
- This yet another color combination I like – eggplant, grey, and turquoise. This is one of my favorite skirts, despite the fact that I don’t wear it very often, so any outfit it’s a part of I’ll probably be fond of.
- The only outfit in the group that isn’t a skirt or dress! I’m just more comfortable in a skirt/dress, and I have a hard time finding pants that fit me well. I also avoid tunic-length tops because I’m short and they normally just make me look shorter. But I like this pants-and-tunic outfit…miracle? The belt keeps it from shortening me, and the snug fit of the pants balances the loose fit of the top.